Thursday 13 September 2018

Wednesday - Foiling at Roosevelt!

Foilers at the end of the day!
I rode my bike down to Dog River Coffee as usual, but it started to rain as I got there, and unlike yesterday when it rained a bit and stopped, it continued to rain all morning.

I worked on my blog and chatted with the guy's, until everyone started to move across the street to Bette's.  I took a break from Bette's to do some errands.  I rode back up the hill in the rain and was quite damp by the time I got to the Condo!

The forecast was for lighter winds than yesterday, and out East, so we all headed to Roosevelt, except for Ross, who decided that it would be a Glass Blowing Day.  (Yes Louise and Sue, he did remember to pick up our glass work!)

I got to Roosevelt around 2:00.  We had the park virtually to ourselves.  Most of the guys were either already out, or ready to go.  With the lighter winds, it was declared a foiling day!  Big Fin Jim, Big Jim, Rene, Kent, Blaine, Brad, Cam, and I all went out on our foils.
Gerry had a good day on his 6.6 Hucker

Harold was making his 6.1 work and Al tried his 5.5 and then went to his 6.5.  Gerry was going to take a rest day, but seeing us all on the water, decided he needed to take out his 6.6 Hucker with his Roberts board.  He made it work, although he said it was light at times.

Harold, Eddy, and Rene - recharging!
Kent was on his 4.8 Revo and his foil board and had a great time, foiling all the time.  Big Jim, Rene and I were on our 6.0 Flyers (oops - Sorry Louise, I forgot to tell you I picked one up this morning).   I had two great sessions.  While I am getting up and foiling without any trouble, from my track it is obvious that I am still thinking like a windsurfer.  I need to think more about going up and down the river!
Ted's Foiling track looks like he was windsurfing!
I'm not sure of the sail sizes, but Blaine, Brad and Big Air Jim were all out.  Big Air Jim was enjoying his new board.

Mike sailed early and then kited later in the day.  Eddy went out kiting as well.

Big Fin Jim, Cam, and Kent were the last off the water.  It was getting dark by the time we de-rigged and left the site.
Big Fin Jim, Cam and Kent - last off the water!
I know that those of you who are at home in the snow won't appreciate this, but I actually had to first turn off the air conditioning, and then turn on a bit of heat.  Then when I got home I had to put on long pants, socks, and shoes before walking up for supper.  I had forgotten how uncomfortable all that stuff is.

We went to the Kickstand Cafe for supper.  The burgers were excellent!  I suspect that it will become a regular stop for us.  They have a good breakfast as well!
The gang at Kickstand Coffee
Another fantastic day!  Fun had by all!


Big Fin Jim - making his new foil board work!

Brad was one of the last on the water!

Kent had another excellent day!

Blaine and Brad still seem to be suffering from Foiling Rash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday/Sunday - Wrap Up

I got a text from Kent at 5:45am Saturday saying that he and Rene were leaving by 6:00.  Baine and Brad were leaving at about the same time....